Thursday 1 November 2012

Another November, Another Attempt at Daily Writing

Here we are, November 1st and I am once again taking up the BlogHer challenge of daily writing and posting. Yes, I did give it a try last year, but what can I say, life got in the way.

Writing is one of those things that I love to do but always seems to get pushed aside. I don't mean the writing that I do for class or for work, but the creative side of writing and even the writing down of memories that I keep planning to do...one day.

So today, I am once again sitting down and taking up the challenge. Maybe this time the habit of daily writing will stick :)

Just think of the possibilities, if I can actually get pen put to paper (or fingers to keyboard as the case may be) I might finally get all of those family stories written down, the ones that I'm afraid may be lost just as we have lost our loved ones over the years.

Writing down these memories and family history are important. It may seem silly or lame but think of what we would have lost in our world had our ancestors not felt it was important to chronicle the important moments of their lives. These family memories help to humanize the history of our world and let future generations get a better sense of what life was really like "in the olden days".

But I'm getting ahead of myself, for now just getting a post written today before I nod off is a victory, one I hope will be repeated for the next 29 days!

miss kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment