Friday 2 November 2012

If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would it Be?


Here it is Day 2 and I'm relying on the daily BlogHer writing prompt. Yes, I admit it, after working all day and stopping at two different stores for the shopping, I have run out of creativity for the day. That said, today's prompt is a good one that makes me think about the priorities in my life.

If I could live anywhere, where would it be? Well, as an avid Disney fan (and D23 gold member), my first choice would have to be the apartment above the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disneyland. The idea of waking up in New Orleans Square and seeing the sunrise over Sleeping Beauty's castle is like a dream for me. And ending the night with a front row seat at Fantasmic would be, well, fantastic!

But then again, I have always thought it would be wonderful to live in the Great Smoky Mountains. Whenever I visit this area, I can't help but feel closer to God. There is just such a feeling of peace in these mountains and their perpetual mist. I can see myself settling down and joining the community where the pace of life is a little slower and the people friendly and warm.

Hmmm, as much as I love Tennessee, I also love the bright lights of Hollywood. There is something about feeling the warm sunshine of southern California on your face that can't help but make you feel alive. If money were no object (we are dreaming here after all), I can imagine relaxing out by the pool of my home in the Hollywood Hills as I sip a nice Pinot Grigio or perhaps looking out over the bright lights of LA while enjoying a glass of merlot following dinner.

So many places, so many dreams, if I could live anywhere, where would it be? That's easy, I know it sounds cliché but I would live where my heart is. As much as these places are fondly in my dreams, I would never trade my life here in Alberta with my family. With my husband who never complains when it's snowing and I ask him to feed the chickens because I don't want to go out in the cold. With my daughters who, I am sure, think I'm a little on the crazy side but never fail to encourage me in my writing and going back to school. And my little grandson who breaks out into song at any given moment (Johnny Appleseed and O Canada seem to be his favorites right now).

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to live in any of my dream locations, any of these places would be great if my family were there with me. Disneyland? Don't think I would get an argument from any of them. Great Smoky Mountains? Just think of the family Christmas celebrations. The Hollywood Hills? Who doesn't love LA. Yes, I think I am safe with my choices and as soon as I win that lottery...

In the end, it doesn't matter where I live, as long as I'm with my family, I am right where I want to be.

miss kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment