Sunday 30 October 2011

Getting back into the groove

Although I have been studying french for the past 3 years, this is my first trip back into studying and working on a certificate. I was a bit hesitant at the beginning and by week 2 was feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of reading and writing I had taken on. This of course is on top of my regular work day and 2 nights a week at french class.

I began to feel as though I was getting on top of it all and then came twitter! I must admit I have been using twitter for a while now, mostly to follow my favorite sports team and political news. Having to "interact" on twitter is another thing altogether! Suddenly anyone following you can see what you are tweeting. I don't know about you but this does scare the heck out of me. I don't know why it should, I speak with people all of the time but those 140 characters just seem like the perfect opportunity for me to stick my foot in my mouth or to have someone think, "What a lame tweet, why would she post that."

I am hoping to get over my fear and just go for it over the next few weeks. After all I can always claim that I was having a grey moment:)

misskimmy

1 comment:

  1. Hi misskimmy
    Like you I use twitter to follow news and events and not sure I like putting the tweeting. As I said in my blog, not sure that everyone wants to know about my daily life.

    It will be interesting to see how many of us continue tweeting when the course is over.

    ReplyDelete