Thursday 3 November 2011

Can you listen to music and write? What song did you hear today?

So far, so good, third day of November and third blog post. Thank goodness I CAN write and listen to music! From the time I was a young child, even as an infant, music has been a huge part of my life. I grew up listening to my mother playing Elvis, Chubby Checkers and Tom Jones on the console stereo that was her prized possession. She would tell stories of me "twisting" in my diaper before I could walk. I'm not certain if I learned to talk or to sing first.  When I began school, the biggest excitement for me were choir try-outs. As you can see, music is very important to me. When I sit down to write, I enjoy listening to classical music. One of my favorites is Pachebel:Canon in D. In fact I am listening to it as I write this entry. It doesn't matter how many times I hear this, it must makes me feel creative! Can I listen to music and write...you betcha!

misskimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment