Wednesday 2 November 2011

If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

Wow, what a difficult question! I know what my answer would be if the question was, "Who would you want to eat your last meal with?". That would be easy, I would want to share my final meal with my family and close friends. What would be in that meal? I think I would like to have my favorite things like a nice roast turkey, made just the way my maternal grandmother did it with fresh sage leaves tucked under the skin. I would make sure to have my husband's favorite pickled beats, the cranberry jelly that my daughters' prefer and some macaroni and cheese for my little grandson. I would add some brussel sprouts, cooked with lemon pepper (I am eternally grateful to the friend who suggested I add the lemon pepper so my children would eat them), mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato pie with sweet whipped cream, and my favorite buttermik biscuits from my grama's recipe book. To end the meal there would be a big pot of piping hot tea, served with gingersnaps and fruited shortbread cookies. Hmmm...I'm getting hungry already :)

misskimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment