Tuesday 15 November 2011

On My Front Porch Looking In

I am a huge fan of country music, I think in part because it speaks to me. One of my favorite songs is, On My Front Porch Looking In, by Lonestar. It is a husband and father singing about his favorite view, that of his family through the front window of his home.

I can really relate to this message. When I think of my favorite places in the world, every one of them is better when shared with my family. To see Disneyland through the eyes of my grandson, is to see it with fresh eyes of my own. To have the opportunity to share special times with my husband, daughters and grandson is priceless.

I would have to say though that my favorite place in the world is our home. Yes, we may be in the midst of paint and dust at the moment, but there is nothing better than sitting out in the yard with no other houses in site and enjoying a glass of my favorite wine. The peacefulness is breathtaking. At certain times of the year you can see the Northern Lights from our yard and as our grandson says, "all the stars in the world!".

1 comment:

  1. I like the poetry of country music too.

    ReplyDelete