Friday 18 November 2011

The favorite moment of my life...thus far

If someone had asked me this question 30 years ago I would have quickly responded, my wedding day of course. Two years later it would have been more difficult but the birth of my first daughter would have been the winner. As time went on and two more daughters were born, it would have been a three way tie for each of their births. Now I have to add the birth of our grandson to this mix. I guess the point I am making is that all of us have many favorite moments in our lives and to try to choose just one becomes almost impossible the older we get.

Some of my favorite moments and memories have nothing to do with life changing events. They are the simple memories of children decorating mittens at the kitchen table, the cake that turned out especially nice, or a walk along the river in the autumn as the leaves fall. We need to take time to "smell the roses" and appreciate the bounty of our lives.

misskimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment